Sunday, June 27, 2010

Secrets of The Pyramids REVEALED!

I always love looking at the titles of Occult or Esoteric books from the 30's-60's. The earlier books tend to have these very declamatory titles that promise direct knowledge of hidden mysteries. It's either that or they have inventive "Orientalist" names such as The Kybalion or The Book of Dzyan. The essence of so many of these books is that some little known but life-changing knowledge is about to come your way. I'd never presume to say that these were false promises. I'd like to think that waiting in some dusty bookstore or library there is a tome of soul-shaking wisdom to be discovered by each of us. The, for lack of a better phrase, sacred impulse seems to be hard-wired into humanity. We seek out experiences and engage in practices designed to both reveal and interact with forces larger than our lives. I'm all for this multiplicity of paths. I figure that as long as one isn't harming others and maintains their commitments in the more mundane world what's the harm? I'm deeply fascinated by the myriad spiritual paths people take. I also find that the artifacts (books, art, music,etc.) they leave on the path are vital expressions of the creative soul at work. While the true "secrets" of the pyramids might never be revealed, it's interesting to see people seeking them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment