Saturday, June 5, 2010

My picture on an album cover!

So, this is the new Maquiladora album and what is exciting (in addition to the wonderful, powerful and adventurous music) is that yours truly took the picture for the album cover! It's always been a secret (okay not so secret!) dream of mine to have my art/photos on album covers. This came true awhile back in my work with Eric Nielsen on our High Mountain Tempel project. We take a VERY hands-on approach to the imagery on our discs and as we share many of the same visual aesthetics this has made for another wonderful layer of our collaboration. Eric's other long-term band is Maquiladora. This creative entity has been on an intermittent hiatus, but like a jeweled moth emerging from its chrysalis, they have a few new releases and they are touring Japan this summer with Acid Mother's Temple! Simply put Eric and Bruce are the two most creative people I know. Having had the good fortune to make music and art with both of them has been a real peak experience for me. Outside of that they are also dear, dear people and I'm proud to call them friends. So, when Eric surprised me by using this photo I'd taken I felt both honored and blessed. The picture was taken in the fount of all visionary cities, San Francisco. It's an amazing thing to have such good brothers in my life. Having the additional element of partaking in creative projects together pushes things into the sacred.

1 comment: