Sunday, May 5, 2013

Colors and Forms from Recent Weeks

So....No great message here. Just some stuff I've seen that caught my eye and as I almost always have my camera with me, I felt like snapping and sharing. I will say that in my opinion many people let their camera become a barrier or layer to mitigate or distance or push off their day to day peregrinations. I try to not let this happen. I know we all end up having these electronic devices block or filter the totality of what our senses and minds take in but...speaking solely for myself here, I try to use my camera to distill and examine my surroundings at a deeper level. My camera reminds me to pay attention to textures and angles and planes of light. It drives my eyes and mind to give the various qualities of sun and shadow a second and deeper look. I rarely take "snapshots". There's no pride here believe me. A great picture of some event or person can give us and our memories poignancy and context. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not what I usually choose to zero in on. I make no claims for the quality of my photos. They are what they are. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do taking them. 


Last Gasp of Spring


Flowers of Life


Ed Lewis Knows What's up


Squidly Diddly


Water Energy Transportation Device


Deep in the Resin and Glass


Wreckage 


Wreckage 2


The Grain in Maine


Bluey


Orangey


VANITAS


I Love You Too! 


Wreckage 3


Amaranth's Last Stand

No comments:

Post a Comment